- Master of Architecture, The Ohio State University, 1982
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, The Ohio State University, 1980
- Summer Program in Liberal Arts, University of Oxford, (England), 1982
- Certificate: School Planning and Design – 1999, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Certificate: Urban School Planning – 2001, Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Licensed Architect, State of Ohio # 9109795
Keppler Consulting, L.L.C. April 2006 – Present
- Member of team selected to create and update the State of Connecticut’s School Facilities Guidelines to support their $1billion annual program.
- Owner Representative for Bucyrus City School’s (Ohio) $40 million district-wide school facilities renovation and addition project. Project included renovating a 90 year-old facility into an ES and creation of 2 new Library spaces for ES and MS/HS students.
- Owner Representative for Pioneer Career & Technology Center’s (Shelby, Ohio) $35 million school facilities renovation & addition project.
- Owner Representative for Bucyrus City School’s 3 separate non-OSFC funded facilities projects with total budgets of $1,100,000.00. Project included converting an ES into admin offices, pre-school classrooms & school board meeting space.
- Provided research & analysis and assisted in drafting portions of reports in defense of construction claims against The Ohio State University and Chesterfield Co., Virginia.
- Assisted Highland Local School District, Morrow County (Ohio) with creating a facilities master plan and developing a funding strategy in anticipation of participating in the OSFC’s Classroom Facilities Assistance Program.
- Member of team that updated the State of Arkansas’ School Facilities Guidelines.
- Participated in all aspects of creating and developing a start-up business that provided manufacturers and large institutions with options for harvesting and re-cycling water for re-use within their facilities.
Managing Director – Summit Consulting Services, L.L.C. 2003 – 2006
- Co-Director of the Program Management team overseeing the State of Arkansas’ $10 million statewide school facilities assessment project.
- Managed the effort to select, hire, train and contract for, the 10 consultants that assessed Arkansas’ 85 million square feet of K-12 school facilities space.
- Advised in drafting proposed legislation for the Arkansas General Assembly creating multiple interlocking programs to fund school facilities repairs.
- Drafted policies & procedures to implement facilities programs for the State of Arkansas and the Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation.
- Provided research & analysis for the resolution of numerous dispute resolution/claims engagements.
Executive Director – Ohio School Facilities Commission, 1997 – 2002
- Responsible for the creation of one of the largest statewide school facilities programs. Starting with 5 employees developed a staff that grew to 55 in five years that was overseeing the planning, design and construction of over $4 billion in projects statewide.
- Oversaw the planning, design and construction of 135 district-wide school facilities projects in over 300 buildings with total budgets exceeding $4 billion.
- Developed and implemented an aggressive dispute resolution process based on early intervention and partnering which led to no construction claims being filed against the state in 5 years.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of 12 funding programs and an innovative project delivery system that shifted large portions of project administration to private sector construction managers.
- Testified in court in defense of the State of Ohio’s effort to fund and oversee the rebuilding of Ohio’s school facilities infrastructure.
State Architect of Ohio – Dept. of Administrative Services, 1995 – 1997
- Administered the state’s $1.5 billion biennial capital construction program. Projects included; state office buildings, libraries, college classroom buildings, athletic facilities and laboratories.
- Served as the State’s Owner’s Representative taking personal responsibility for the completion of the $120 million restoration of the Ohio Statehouse, surrounding site-work and Memorials.
- Served as the State’s Owner’s Representative to oversee the completion of emergency repairs and renovations at Central State University in order to open school on time.
- Responsible for the development of the State of Ohio’s Standard Architectural/Engineering Agreement, Construction Management Agreement and the General Conditions of Contract for Construction.
- Conducted hearings and rendered dozens of decisions regarding design/construction claims against the State and participated in numerous mediation sessions and claims negotiations. The State Architect’s decisions were the last administrative recourse prior to being heard in the Court of Claims.
Special Assistant to the Governor – State of Ohio, 1991-1995
- Served as Governor George Voinovich’s personal assistant responsible for briefings, schedule, travel, and security coordination.
Architectural Practice, 1982 – 1990
- Worked as a designer & project manager for three different architectural firms in Columbus, Ohio.
- Responsible for client development, consultant relations, construction administration, and project management for a wide variety of building types.
- Licensed Architect, State of Ohio – 9109795
- Former member, Board of Directors, Council of Educational Facilities Planners, International
- Former member, Ohio Historic Site Preservation Advisory Council
- Member, Rotary International
- Member, Good Hope Lutheran Church Congregational Council, Property Care Committee Chair